Scale DevOps with Tasktop Gateway
Tasktop Sync and Tasktop Data provide the missing link for organizations trying to implement successful Agile and Lean Software transformations by enabling the flow, collaboration, visibility and governance required by these initiatives. These products allow organizations to connect their software development and delivery teams via synchronization of artifacts, and by creating a data warehouse that records all of the activity on those artifacts.
Scaled Agile + DevOps = Scaled DevOps
But to truly scale Agile methods and make the most of DevOps practices, organizations need to integrate the DevOps automation tools into the Connected Software Lifecycle. Tasktop Gateway capability allows organizations to integrate tools like CI, CD and test automation; analysis tools like code review and static code analysis; and monitoring tools like APM products, to the range of PPM, requirements management, Agile planning, test management and ITSM tools already supported by Tasktop.
This new capability exposes the Tasktop integration platform using a modern webhook, REST and JSON based integration layer. It allows DevOps (and other) tools to be connected to the rest of the software lifecycle, creating a DevOps Integration Hub. Integrating DevOps automation with other stakeholders provides collaboration, visibility and traceability across the entire software lifecycle – from business initiative through deployment.
Enabling Greater Traceability, Deeper Analytics
The ability to send all data you collect from your DevOps tools to a database allows for deep visibility into your software delivery and development process. The data collected here in real time can be joined with the wide-ranging data in your data warehouse and pulled into new and existing reports. This can give you the ability to:
- Go beyond the artifacts created in the management layer
- Trace from requirements and defects, to changesets, to results of automated tests and builds
- Find out why or who breaks builds most frequently, or who works on the most complex code
- Discover if there is a correlation between requirements cycle time to code complexity
- And much more...
Tasktop Gateway allows you to trigger the creation and modification of artifacts across your lifecycle management tools, increasing your teams efficiency and satisfaction. For example you can automate:
- Creating trouble tickets (service desk) or defects (defect management or developer tools) from problems detected by monitoring tools
- Appending changesets to user stories, or the defect in the lifecycle managagment tool that manages those artifacts
- Relating build information to the stories or defects implemented in that build
- HP UFT
Source Code Management/Revision Control
Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- New Relic
- Compuware APM
- BMC APM
- CA APM (formerly Wily)
- IBM APM
- HPE Fortify