WhiteHat Security Partners with Tasktop to Provide Real-Time Integration with Application Lifecycle Management Tools
New WhiteHat Integration Server Seamlessly Connects Software Development and Delivery Stakeholders
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – September 4, 2014 – WhiteHat Security, the web security company, today announced it has partnered with Tasktop, the leader in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and software development tools integration, to OEM Tasktop Sync – a Software Lifecycle Integration (SLI) platform – in its new WhiteHat Integration Server. The WhiteHat Integration Server connects WhiteHat Sentinel with the leading ALM tools, such as Atlassian JIRA, ServiceNow, HP Quality Center & ALM, IBM RTC, Microsoft TFS, and more, ensuring a unified approach to securing all applications across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
“One of the biggest challenges facing our customers’ development teams as they move toward more agile software development processes is not only in finding a way to centralize, manage and measure the work of each contributing team, but also to maintain a strong security posture along the way,” said John Haniotis, vice president of product management for WhiteHat Security. “The WhiteHat Integration Server increases development remediation efficiencies by enabling the team to use the ALM tool of their choice. This frees up their time to focus on more secure coding and less on manual processes like vulnerability conflict and resolution, metrics and reporting.”
When an application vulnerability surfaces within Sentinel that requires resolution by the development team using a third party tool, the WhiteHat Integration Server automatically creates a defect in the developer’s tool. When the developer makes progress on the defect, status updates are synchronized in real-time back into WhiteHat Sentinel.
Other key benefits of WhiteHat Integration Server:
- Securing the SDLC:
- Integration support for the most widely used ALM tools
- Increased visibility and traceability into each siloed constituent of software development and delivery
- Connects security and development stakeholders in the software delivery supply chain
- Integrate best-of-breed, open source, legacy and enterprise Agile tools
- Work from within your tool of choice:
- Decreases manual developer work and increases efficiencies
- Real-time synchronization keeps all stakeholders and projects in sync
- Automated conflict detection and resolution
- Cross-repository, cross-constituent workflows that dramatically improve the likelihood of software development success in a timely manner and on budget
- Expanded ability to handle mid-stream changes
- Visual mapping and monitoring
- Trace all vulnerabilities across the SDLC:
- Security vulnerabilities are automatically logged as defects so they can be triaged and fixed
- Real-time visibility and reporting of the status of security vulnerabilities in Sentinel
- Traceability between security vulnerabilities found by Sentinel through to their fix in development
“Security is a hot topic and our partnership with WhiteHat Security illustrates how customers want security to be an active part of their lifecycle, and not a disconnected process,” said Dave West, Chief Product Officer at Tasktop. “With the OEM of Tasktop Sync, WhiteHat customers will be able to connect their security processes to their software delivery process in real-time, allowing improved reporting, traceability, flow and collaboration across the whole delivery team and organization.”
Over one million users employ Tasktop’s ALM integration technology to transform the productivity of software delivery, by connecting the development, testing, Agile planning, PMO and operations functions into a unified software development and delivery team. Tasktop customers are the global leaders in financial services, insurance, government and manufacturing, and include five of the top twenty-five banks in the world and three of the top seven US insurance companies. Partners, including CA, HP, IBM and Serena, rely on our independent, vendor-neutral role to connect their customers’ software delivery disciplines via OEM distributions of our products. Tasktop has defined the Software Lifecycle Integration (SLI) category to fulfill our mission to “connect the world of software delivery.” For more information about Tasktop and SLI, please visit www.tasktop.com.
About WhiteHat Security
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Santa Clara, California, WhiteHat Security is the leader in application security, enabling businesses to protect critical data, ensure compliance, and manage risk. WhiteHat is different because we approach application security through the eyes of the attacker. Through a combination of technology, more than a decade of intelligence metrics, and the judgment of real people, WhiteHat Security provides complete web security at a scale and accuracy unmatched in the industry. WhiteHat Sentinel, the company’s flagship product line, currently manages tens of thousands of websites – including sites in highly regulated industries, such as top e-commerce, financial services, and healthcare companies. For more information on WhiteHat Security, please visit www.whitehatsec.com.
Press Contact: Kylie Heintz Sr. Director, Marketing WhiteHat Security 408-506-5755 firstname.lastname@example.org