Tasktop's Mik Kersten, to Present Webinar on Tasktop Sync 3.0 - Service Desk Gets Support
Tasktop supports collaboration among development, QA, PMO, Agile project managers, and
now: IT and business operations
Who: Mik Kersten, CEO and founder
Kersten is the CEO of Tasktop and lead of the Eclipse Mylyn open source project. His goal is to create the collaborative infrastructure needed to connect knowledge workers in the new world of software delivery. At Tasktop, he drives the strategic direction of the company, developing key partnerships and fostering a culture of customer-focused innovation.
What: Live webinar on improving the efficiency of software delivery processes. Presented by Mik Kersten and featuring Tasktop Sync 3.0
Tasktop recently announced Tasktop Sync 3.0, a major release of its flagship Software Lifecycle Integration (SLI) platform. It expands the company's ALM
integration ecosystem with new support for ITSM, IT Service Automation and IT services tools from ServiceNow and Atlassian JIRA Service Desk.
In addition, Tasktop Sync 3.0 includes new capabilities for teams using products from Rally and Serena, collaboration for teams using Clarity PPM and Atlassian
JIRA together, and management features that help very large organizations deploy Tasktop Sync across numerous project teams.
When: Thursday, January 23, 2014
9-10 a.m. PT, noon-1 p.m. ET, 17:00-18:00 GMT
More: Tasktop Sync 3.0 Overview – IT Service Teams gets Support
Upon its initial release, Tasktop Sync provided robust, server-side integration to the ALM tools (work item tracking, requirements management, test management, issue tracking, agile planning) that development and QA teams depend on to deliver high-quality software. In April, Tasktop expanded this capability to include tools the PMO (Project Management Office) uses, specifically PPM (Project and Portfolio Management). With the current release, even more of the software development and delivery team is included; extending to ITSM professionals; and IT Service Automation and Service Desk software. In this release, both the ServiceNow platform and Atlassian JIRA Service Desk become part of the Tasktop Sync ecosystem.
"Connecting the app lifecycle value chain with IT service management helps to evolve and mature Agile practices as IT organizations look to integrate customer feedback and speed up end-user resolution cycles," said Melinda Ballou, program director for IDC Research's Application Life-cycle Management research. "This kind of DevOps approach can coordinate development with business operations to help address deployment complexity and drive tangible value for end-users and the enterprise."
"Software development and service desk teams shouldn't work in silos," said Edwin Wong, product manager for Atlassian JIRA Service Desk. "After all, the software development process doesn't just end with deployment; developers continue to improve software largely thanks to user feedback. Atlassian recently launched JIRA Service Desk in part to connect the service desk and development teams using JIRA, so problems can be identified and resolved faster and with better traceability. This generally improves software and the overall user experience. We're thrilled that Tasktop Sync can help extend this benefit of JIRA
Other noteworthy innovations in this release
- Tasktop Sync 3.0 includes additional capability for Agile software development with new support for Rally Software. Now, teams using Rally for Agile development processes can easily collaborate with teams that use other Tasktop Sync ecosystem tools.
- Tasktop Sync 3.0 includes the availability of Tasktop Sync for Serena Business Manager (SBM), which acts as the process foundation underpinning Serena's orchestrated ALM solutions. As announced in August of this year, Serena and Tasktop formed a partnership, with Serena providing Tasktop Sync to its customers as part of the Serena product offerings.
- To further support Product and Portfolio Management (PPM), Tasktop has extended its Clarity PPM support for organizations that use JIRA's time tracking feature. This allows "time worked on task" to be automatically fed to Clarity PPM from JIRA, enabling the Project Management Office to see how much time is spent on projects tracked by Clarity.
- Tasktop Sync 3.0 also includes new capabilities designed to simplify and streamline ALM integration for enterprise organizations that have large deployments and multiple projects.
- In addition to releasing a new version of Tasktop Sync, the company is beginning a Beta program for a new Tasktop Sync SDK, as well as releasing the next version of its desktop ALM integration product, Tasktop Dev 3.0
k56qm9s @atlassian @servicenow @rallysoftware #AgileInfo: For more information or to arrange an interview with Kersten, contact Alexandre Garrett at +1
(303) 581-7760 or email email@example.com.