Tasktop Named Leader in Value Stream Management by Independent Research Firm
Tasktop recognized for aligning business strategy and software delivery at large enterprises to accelerate digital transformation
VANCOUVER, BC, June 22, 2022 – Tasktop, a pioneer in value stream management and provider of the leading value stream management platform, announced today that GigaOm Research has once again positioned the company as a leader in its 2022 GigaOm Radar for Value Stream Management. According to the report, “Tasktop focuses directly on driving software development performance improvements at the enterprise level.”
Tasktop was the only vendor to receive the highest scores possible for its ability to serve business leadership, technical leadership, and engineering management at large enterprises, where value stream management helps align technical delivery directly to business strategy, identify dependencies across teams, and ensure teams can deliver efficiently.
“Being named a leader in the 2022 GigaOm Radar Report for Value Stream Management validates what our customers already know: value stream management has never been more important in connecting business and technology. Our VSM platform helps align the daily work of large-scale software delivery organizations with strategic business goals around growth and profitability,” said Neelan Choksi, Tasktop’s president and COO. “Tasktop offers enterprises the visibility they need to accelerate time to market, make data-led investment decisions, and increase efficiency in the software delivery lifecycle.”
Tasktop’s Radar rankings achieved the highest scores possible in six categories:
- Overall ROI/TCO: “For organizations with thousands of developers and a great deal of inefficiency to deal with, costs will be well below the level of benefits that can be achieved.”
- Business-level insights: “Tasktop Viz targets driving performance improvements, for example, offering a predictability score that is related to the ability to plan and prioritize.”
- End-to-end value-based management: “Tasktop Viz is fundamentally a dashboard-oriented tool; it enables organizations to pull data together from other tools and gain an overview of what is going on across the process.”
- Insight-driven value focus: “Tasktop recognizes the time frequently wasted in “ideation” and associated approval processes and looks to address this delay so resources can be released for creation, release, and improvement of features.”
- Scalability: “Tasktop’s on-ramp is straightforward: visibility into common data types can be achieved quickly.”
- Solution ecosystem: “Even Tasktop’s entry-level packages include training, coaching, and assessment services.”
By implementing The Flow Framework® to shift Enterprise IT’s operating model from project to product, Tasktop gives business and technical leaders a common vocabulary and measurement framework to link software delivery to strategic business outcomes. Tasktop’s value stream management platform integrates the tools in the software delivery toolchain, objectively measuring flow, and identifying the biggest bottlenecks in the product development value stream. This view of the software delivery lifecycle improves time-to-market, increases efficiency, and unlocks capacity, thereby accelerating revenue and improving customer experience.
Being named a leader in GigaOm’s VSM Radar Report comes on the heels of the announcement that Planview, a global leader in Portfolio Management and Work Management, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Tasktop. This combination of enterprise Agile and strategic portfolio management with VSM expands the capabilities and value Tasktop can provide to customers.
Tasktop has enabled digital transformations for notable Fortune 500 companies including BMW, HSBC, Kaiser Permanente, T-Mobile, and TUI Group, helping them deliver great customer experience through smart and efficient software delivery.
Tasktop’s value stream management platform enables enterprises to master software at scale. Leading brands, including over half of the Fortune 100, use Tasktop to provide real-time visibility into the health of their product value streams, enabling better decisions and alignment with business goals. Tasktop’s Value Stream Management platform sits above the entire software delivery toolchain, integrating all the underlying tools and objectively measuring flow across a best-of-breed toolchain.