Do you have a passion for interacting with customers and implementing complex technical solutions? Do you have a natural ability to understand communication flow, information systems architecture, business process and product development process? Does customizing, configuring and deploying complicated software solutions and business processes leave you with a deep-seated sense of satisfaction? Join the Tasktop Team as a Solution Consultant and become a key contributor in our Professional Services team helping enterprises integrate their information systems using Tasktop products and services.
In the role of Solution Consultant you will work directly with customers to define requirements related to their ALM tool sets and information systems to design integration solutions using Tasktop’ s products and services. Using your project management skills and industry expertise you will position yourself as a trusted advisor to develop and manage customer relationships with key business and technical stakeholders while solving technical problems with custom-developed scripting.
In this role you will:
- Participate as a member of the Tasktop Professional Services team in discovery sessions to understand the client's business objectives and system needs
- Build functional solution within the Statement of Work (SOW) specifications, meeting all scope, time, and budget requirements with moderate guidance.
- Develop and maintain project documentation. Use templates, past examples and guidance from more experienced solution consultants, peers or management as needed.
- Work with Customer to design solutions that best meet the customer’s requirements using your programming, configuration, troubleshooting, data, and reporting skills
- Lead customer UAT and integration testing to ensure integration solutions perform as designed
- Develop and Lead client training sessions
- Support clients through go-live process while promoting solution adoption
- Work with the Project Leads to facilitate and assign project activities ensuring customer engagements stay on schedule
- Communicate project progress and expectations while escalating issues to customer and Tasktop stakeholders for awareness and resolution
- Participates in collaboration with other departments to address and resolve client issues
- Schedule and participate in weekly status meetings with all customer and Tasktop stakeholders
- Manages a portfolio of assigned implementation projects
- Identify, mitigate, and manage project risks, including software issue resolution, scope challenges and project delays
Ideal Candidates have:
- Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in customer consulting engagements, including team facilitation, business case development, business analysis, process mapping, and process redesign
- Experience in customer software implementations, including requirements gathering, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, scripting, customizing, testing, training, change management, and support
- Strong project management experience using tools such as Visio, MS Project, and any relational database system
- Excellent business process and best practices experience or aptitude
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex business issues
- Technical aptitude and a high degree of self- motivation to train and achieve ALM application, customizations and installations understanding/certifications
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to build effective customer relationships
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of solid experience in software implementations and customer engagements
- Enterprise-level business project experience with strong process analysis, design, and documentation skills
- Experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical aptitude
- Excellent MS Office and MS product knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Strong communication and people skills
- Product development knowledge
- Agile development processes
- Web UI, web servers, web API, web services
- Some proficiency or understanding in software development engineering
- Knowledge of multiple ALM tool sets such as Micro Focus ALM, IBM Rational Suite, Jira, MS Team Foundation Server, etc.
This is a telecommuting role which can be based anywhere in the US. Expected travel will be approx. 30%.
Interested in Joining the Team?
To apply for this role please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Solutions Consultant".
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.