Software Engineering Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Today, the largest companies in the world use our software to automate the flow of work throughout their organizations. Our new cloud based product, Tasktop Viz, analyzes that flow of work and provides insights which propel our customers towards faster time to value. This is an early stage product with all the excitement, pressure, and glory new product development can entail. We’re looking for a talented and energized Engineering Manager who wants to accelerate their career and Tasktop’s growth while showcasing the very best of themselves.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to coach, guide, unblock, optimize and grow our team building Tasktop Viz. If you have managed before, believe in fostering candor and conscious leadership, are technically strong enough to work with excellent engineers, thrive on finding and fixing processes and bottlenecks to make development better and more fun and you like working in a company where you actually affect the outcome — you are the perfect manager for this team!
In this role you will:
- Lead Agile teams and help them evolve their approach and process to enable amazing results.
- Mentor, coach, and help each team member to set career direction and grow
- Encourage and empower the team to take ownership of the customer need and product’s success
- Support and enable our continuous refinement of process, structure, and techniques to optimize testing, continuous delivery, and support operations
- Support smooth Product Development operations through timely, clear communication, data driven analysis, and management to OKRs
Great candidates have:
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills because you know that great teams start with great individuals.
- A calm yet forceful, optimistic yet realistic, and definitely creative approach to solving software delivery challenges.
- Experience leading and helping to evolve a collaborative and productive software engineering team.
- A strong product mindset (and you might even have wondered if you should have been a product manager in a different life) because you know that good engineering management works hand-in-hand with our product management.
- Significant past experience as a technical contributor because you know that you can’t lead great engineers without being able to understand their problems.
- Significant experience with both on-premise and cloud-based solutions because our product has both an on-premise and cloud component.
This position is based in Tasktop's head office in the heart of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Viz Engineering Manager". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who You'd Work With : Robert Elves, Co-founder and Director of Product Development
Early in his career, Robert worked with business systems that were not integrated. This lack of integration continuously frustrated users. This clear barrier to productivity motivated him to pursue a master’s degree in Computer Science, and subsequently co-found Tasktop to create a way to connect people and tools across the software development and delivery value stream. Now, with over a decade of experience, Robert is well versed in all aspects of software engineering and possesses a keen eye for ascertaining the business needs of customers. Robert is now focused on designing and driving the vision for the future of Tasktop’s products.