Senior Software Engineer (Team Lead) - Integrations
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems and working in a highly collaborative environment? Are you the type of person that thrives in a fast paced working environment? Do you love building top quality software in support of business needs? Tasktop is immediately hiring a Senior Software Engineering Team Lead. The Software Development Team Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Java development stack. The Software Engineering Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Designing and delivering new Software Lifecycle and DevOps integrations and integration features using Java and web APIs.
- Contributing to our Tasktop Integrations SDK and comprehensive test suite.
- Developing innovative and novel testing approaches.
- Working across teams to deliver features in a collaborative, internal open source culture.
- Identifying and removing blockers that could prevent delivery of features including cross-team dependencies and architectural concerns.
- Being a technology leader and effectively mentoring and guiding more junior engineers.
What’s it like to work on Integrations at Tasktop?
In this position you will work on our integrations, integration development APIs, SDKs, and test suites. We currently support more than 50 partner product integrations and want to increase that to 100. To achieve our current scale, we focus heavily on frameworks, systematic testing, and automation. To scale to the next level we will need you to work with your team to continue and lead innovation in these areas.
If you are a problem solver with a track record of writing high quality code, and inspiring others to do the same, then there’s a role for you at Tasktop. Tasktop’s engineering teams have people with all the skills they need on the team -- developers, designers, product owners, and testers ensuring fast and agile development. Like all of us here, you strive for continuous improvement (code reviews, sharing of best practices, team building), automation (Selenium, Karma, Jasmine, Docker, Ansible), and continuous delivery (Jenkins, virtualization, AWS, etc).
Ideal candidates have:
- 7+ years of professional software development experience and a proven ability to deliver.
- Excellent Java programming, testing, and software design experience.
- Experience in writing well-tested software using JUnit and other testing tools.
- Deep understanding of web APIs with a focus on REST and SOAP.
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and Agile development process.
- Self-motivated, independent, and team-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Burning desire to learn and grow.
If you know some of the following, that’s even better:
- Experience in building web APIs and software that uses web services.
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc).
- Experience creating applications deployed on cloud architectures (IaaS, Paas, such as Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, Google App Engine, etc.).
- Experience in creating modular systems with Maven.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Familiarity with some of the following commercial and open source ALM systems: IBM RTC, HP ALM, Atlassian JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, etc.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Software Engineering Team Lead". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tasktop powers the world’s largest Agile and DevOps transformations. We’re transforming large-scale IT by enabling organizations to unify previously disconnected activities into an integrated software delivery value stream. This allows organizations to increase the velocity of business value delivery and overcome the pitfalls of siloed Agile and DevOps deployments.
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who have a passion for innovation and excellence as we help software development and delivery teams take their innovation to a new level.
Our culture emphasizes teamwork, openness, professional development and quality of life. Our global head office is located in Vancouver, Canada and our US headquarters are in Austin, TX.