Marketing Communications Intern
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop connects the world of software delivery. For customers worldwide, we drive competitive advantage by dramatically improving the efficiency of the software development and delivery process. We do this by providing fully automated, enterprise-grade integration of the tools used by all the various stakeholders in this process. Within the industry, we are widely acknowledged as the software integration experts; our thought leaders are sought after speakers conferences worldwide and are frequently quoted in industry publications. Tasktop is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with offices in Austin, Texas; London, UK.
Our internship program is designed so that interns can grow skills, thrive in the Tasktop community and do meaningful work, while having some fun along the way.
The Marketing Department works with other internal teams to support sales of our software products and broader company objectives. We need support for content marketing to augment our content portfolio and assist in the execution of marketing campaigns.
We are looking for a candidate who is curious and interested in copy optimization, writing effective content for the marketing-sales funnel and content promotion. In addition, we need strong verbal/written communication skills and passionate willingness to learn and create.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in research, development, promotion and curation of content ideas (case studies, video, white papers, eBooks and infographics)
- Perform industry and marketing target research as needed
- Prepare reports to measure effectiveness of various marketing campaigns
- Aid in developing a database of quotes and spokespeople for use in external communications
- Assist with writing copy for collateral, website, industry media and social media
- Assist with writing for newsletter and marketing nurture campaigns
- Draft media releases and manage internal editing and approvals for media releases and case studies
- Manage PR reporting
- Perform social media listening to inform social media plan
- Work with team members on departmental projects
- Provide general support to the marketing team with daily marketing activities
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Good computer skills and strong familiarity with the web
- Detail-orientation and are very organized
- Familiarity with social media channels and audiences
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and principles
- Ability to listen and ask questions
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work.
- Enough confidence to share your ideas, participate in business conversations, and take (or give) constructive criticism
- Positive disposition and ability to play well with others
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. Tasktop reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of Tasktop. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Marketing Communications Intern". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tasktop is a founder-owned company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada with offices in Austin, Texas. We offer our employees an exceptionally collaborative workplace and we hire collaborative, ambitious people, and give them opportunities to succeed and grow.