Junior QA Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Our culture is centered around a well-defined Agile process, focusing on high quality software engineering. We practice extensive code reviews, refactoring, automation, and continuous delivery, and we are constantly striving to improve how we work.
Tasktop is committed to your career, hosting quarterly “code jams”,weekly discussions on technology, regular one-on-ones with your manager, and a well-defined engineering career ladder.
We are looking for an entry-level QA engineer to help re-architect our industry leading product to meet the new and emerging demands of our customers and provide support our team of highly skilled engineers.
The ideal candidate is bold, decisive, and enjoys technical discussions. This is a chance to work with a company that prides itself on its engineering skills and practices, and to help us continue to be an industry leader.
We are offering an opportunity to grow your career amongst amazing engineers, and a chance to make a significant impact within Tasktop.
Things you’ll be working on:
You will initially start on one of the delivery teams, working with a Product Manager, our Customer Success, and Pre-sales departments in a highly collaborative manner.
You will be:
- Planning and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Managing the test documentation
- Reporting test execution progress and status to stakeholders
- Analysing and documenting defects
- Contributing improvement of the overall testing strategy and methods and our current test infrastructures
- Improving the extensive automated build, test and continuous release infrastructure
- Practicing Agile principles and methods, participate in Release planning, Scrum, and Retrospectives
- Evaluating data from customer sources to confirm testing results are reliable and accurate
- Supporting different internal/external stakeholders in their testing cycles and troubleshooting product issues
- Driving technical and quality process innovation
Ideal candidates have:
- Ability to diagnose issues and spot regressions
- An understanding and belief in modern coding and design principles
- Experience in writing well-tested software using JUnit and other testing tools
- Familiarity with using web APIs with a focus on REST
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and Agile development process
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent, and team oriented
- Burning desire to contribute, learn and grow
If you know some of this stuff, that’s even better:
Experience in building web APIs and software that usesweb services
Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Groovy etc.)
Experience with DevOps automation tools (Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
Experience in creating modular systems with Maven
Contributions to open source projects
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, orequivalent experience
Interested in becoming a Tasktopian?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Junior QA Software Engineer". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Over one million users employ Tasktop's ALM and DevOps integration technology to transform the productivity of software
delivery, by connecting the development, testing, Agile planning, PMO and operations functions into a unified software development and delivery team.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for innovation and excellence as we help software development and delivery teams take their innovation to a new level.
Our culture emphasizes teamwork, openness, professional development, and quality of life.
Our global head office is located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Canada and our US headquarters are in Austin, TX. We have a global presence with
an office in London, UK and staff across Europe.