Financial Accountant (15 months) – Maternity Leave Coverage
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop is looking for a full-time Financial Accountant as a maternity leave replacement at our beautiful downtown Vancouver head office. The employment term is expected to be for 15 months. Ideally, you will have 2 months to train with the permanent employee and an additional 1 month to help transition the permanent employee back from maternity leave.
What will the work and team be like?
In this role, most of your time will be focused on planning and co-ordinating 6 different payrolls and calculating monthly commissions. We use ADP for Canada, Trinet for US, Virtual Business Source for UK, Paychex for Germany and Atrimos for Switzerland. You will work closely with HR.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with people across all departments and levels of the organization and to grow with the company.
Most of all, working at Tasktop, you will be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about their jobs, deliver excellent results, and who are always willing to support you in your goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing expense reports, AP and AR packages prepared by the Junior Accountant
- Importing expense reports to payroll for reimbursement
- Working with SalesOps to calculate monthly commissions
- Sending commissions reports to Sales staff for review and answering any inquiries
- Preparing and communicating monthly consolidated commission reports to management
- Supervising Junior Accountant’s work around AR collections
- Overseeing monthly GST, quarterly PST, annual QST, and quarterly Worksafe BC and WSIB filings
- Preparing month-end working papers for assigned accounts, including IFRS 15 prepaid commissions
- Preparing weekly finance dashboards and presenting assigned sections
- Monitoring cash balances and daily transactions
- Reviewing partners’ royalty reports and investigating royalties that appear to be missing
- Liaising with SalesOps and Business Development to ensure all royalty reports are uploaded correctly into Salesforce
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Great Candidates have:
- Minimum 4-year experience in a previous accounting or payroll role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or at a minimum, completed some CPA courses
- High business acumen to manage timely and sensitive issues
- Great attention to detail and excellent communication skills
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Financial Accountant". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tasktop - the leader in Value Stream Integration - connects all the best-of-breed tools, teams, disciplines and processes used for planning, building and delivering software at an enterprise-level. The backbone for the most impactful and largest Agile and DevOps transformations worldwide, the world-first technology enables organizations to connect their Software Value Stream, and enables end-to-end visibility, traceability and governance over the whole software delivery process.
With the ability to support hundreds of projects, tens of thousands of users and millions of artifacts, Tasktop automates the flow of project-critical information between tools to optimize productivity, collaboration and adaptability in an unpredictable and fast-paced digital world. We’re looking for highly-motivated and talented individuals who want to make a fundamental difference to the technology landscape, by revolutionizing the way software is built and delivered at scale.
Our work culture emphasizes teamwork, openness, professional development, and quality of life. Our global head office is located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Canada and our US headquarters are in Austin, TX. We have a global presence with an office in London, UK and staff across Europe.