Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop is looking for a DevOps Engineer to advance our release pipelines, decrease development cycle time, extend infrastructure automation, and improve build, test, and release efficiency. You are a software engineer who thrives on driving operational efficiency, seeks out process and service improvements, and is driven to find ways to improve engineering collaboration and operational visibility across the organization. You also have a desire to learn new things and expand your role as Tasktop grows and our product offerings evolve into hosted solutions. If this interests you then we have an exciting and growing role for you on the Engineering Operations team.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Providing automated tooling to simplify engineering processes allowing Tasktop to deliver new functionality to our customers at maximum velocity.
- Identifying and driving improvements for our build and delivery systems to ensure continuous improvement of our development cycle times and release process.
- Developing internal services to provide visibility into release status and tooling for release automation.
- Integrating release and deployment tooling with Tasktop’s customer portal, AWS services and business applications such as Salesforce.
- Scaling build infrastructure utilizing both internal infrastructure and hosted infrastructure such as AWS EC2.
What will the team be like?
You will be joining a team whose responsibilities are varied and often require collaboration across several departments. By joining this team you will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the success of Tasktop by solving complex problems for every part of our business. If you are a problem solver who thrives with responsibility and loves to learn, there is a role for you on this team.
Great candidates have:
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins and build tooling such as Maven.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash.
- Self-motivated, independent, and team-oriented with a desire to learn new skills outside of your core competencies.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., testing, code reviews, CI/CD).
- Experience deploying and operating applications on cloud architectures (we use AWS).
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and Agile development process.
If you know some of the following, that’s even better:
- Familiarity with Java development and development tooling.
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Familiarity with containerization technology such as Docker.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “DevOps Engineer". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tasktop powers the world’s largest Agile and DevOps transformations. We’re transforming large-scale IT by enabling organizations to unify previously disconnected activities into an integrated software delivery value stream. This allows organizations to increase the velocity of business value delivery and overcome the pitfalls of siloed Agile and DevOps deployments.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for innovation and excellence as we help software development and delivery teams take their innovation to a new level.
Our culture emphasizes teamwork, openness, professional development and quality of life. Our global head office is located in Vancouver, Canada and our US headquarters are in Austin, TX.