Austin, Texas, USA
Are you looking to make a difference and impact the way a business operates? Are you passionate about technology? Then this role may be the role for you! As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for the Americas Sales team. You will use your sales, negotiation, and leadership skills to prospect and sell Tasktop’s award winning software to Fortune 1000 business in an assigned region. You must have a proven track record of success selling enterprise software and of building beneficial, lasting relationships with customers.
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, qualifying prospects, working with channel partners, and closing sales. If you have a curiosity for technology, a passion for making your customers successful, and the ability to articulate the ROI of a complex solution across multiple audiences & stakeholders, then this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Work with 2-3 assigned Regional Sales Manager’s sales cycles to meet/exceed revenue goals aligned to their quotas as well as nurture existing customer relationships & account development.
- Research, source and qualify new sales opportunities through inbound & outbound leads, online research and networking, as well as strategic partnerships.
- Run point on qualifying and nurturing new opportunities in the interest phase before handing off to your assigned Regional Sales Manager(s) for development and closure.
- Team with Tasktop’s extensive partner network to identify new opportunities and joint networking events.
- Respond to inquiries submitted via Tasktop’s Live Web Chat and route them to the appropriate internal resource.
- Schedule and lead discovery calls with prospects and schedule customized product demos for qualified customers.
- Manage accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services.
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis: respond to specific queries, assist with annual renewal activities, and identify potential expansion opportunities.
- Handle complaints & problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor and assist with Salesforce data capture; prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts; assist with the creation of sales proposals and order forms.
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals aligned your Regional Sales Manager’s quotas.
- Assist with appropriate outreach for select marketing campaigns including, but not limited to: User Conferences, Online Webinars, Industry Events, and Partner Activities.
- Currently reside in the Austin, TX region but also have the scheduling flexibility & willingness to accommodate both a West Coast sales territory & RSM, as well as schedule & attend occasional calls/meetings for prospects/customers that are located in Australia and New Zealand.
Great candidates have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in selling enterprise software (familiarity with the current ALM Market/Software Development strongly preferred)
- 2+ years of working with Regional Sales Manager’s sales cycle from prospecting, setting appointments and closing business in an overlay quota role
- Consistent track record of developing new business and managing sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Consultative sales experience and well-versed in opportunity qualification and discovery call framework
- Strong phone presence and experience/comfort with making numerous calls per day to both prospects and customers
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Use of Salesforce for CRM
- Proficient with corporate productivity & communication tools (Atlassian Confluence, Skype and Slack)
- Proficient with web presentation tools (GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts & Webex)
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite & Google Applications (Gmail, Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, & Slides)
- Familiarity with lead intelligence and prospecting platforms (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Discover.org/RainKing)
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter able to work autonomously but also a contributing member of a team
- Located in the Austin, TX area with the ability to commute into our Austin office on a regular basis as well as work remotely
NOTE: This is not a telemarketing position! This role is not scripted, and requires multiple calls, emails or “touches” to close a sale, and targets B2B or high-end B2C transactions. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious Account Managers who are committed to our mission and focused on winning, but can balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle. At Tasktop, integrity and reliability are as important as talent and effort.
Interested in becoming a Tasktopian?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Account Manager.” We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.