Technical Account Manager
Do you have a passion for interacting with customers and helping them get value out of their complex technical solutions? Do you have a natural ability to understand communication flow, information systems architecture, business process and product development process? Join Tasktop as a Technical Account Manager and become an essential member of our team as you serve as our customer’s trusted technical advisor.
In the role of Technical Account Manager you will work directly with defined customers, providing personalized service to effectively become an extension of their technical teams. Your mandate will be to ensure customers achieve the most value from their Tasktop solution as their needs evolve and identifying potential issues of concern for the customer before they arise. In this role you will engage with customers to accelerate adoption of features, increase and sustain product usage and facilitate a positive feedback loop between Tasktop and the customer to meet their future technology needs. Using your project management skills, organizational skills, expertise and attention to detail you will develop a strong relationship with technical counterparts within the customer organization. In providing senior level technical and relationship expertise, you will act as the primary point of technical contact, coordinating with Support, Professional Services, Sales, Product and Engineering teams to effectively manage the technical customer relationship. This position offers exposure to a broad range of ALM software including IBM RTC, HP QC, Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft TFS and others.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your defined customers’ software delivery environment
- Provide proactive best practice guidance, planning & recommendations for the overall technical health of the customer’s Tasktop solution
- Be a voice of the customer and advocate for their specific needs with our Product, Engineering, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Co-ordinate communications with all required stakeholders on high priority issues
- Conduct regular scheduled communications with customers to review overall customer health, proactively identify issues, and provide information and education on best practices & new releases
- Identify potential expansion opportunities to further the value that customer gets from their Tasktop solution
- Respond to technical concerns ensuring a smooth implementation and launch of Tasktop
- Collaborate closely with our Sales team when additional revenue opportunities are proposed into your customers
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supporting customers in the enterprise software space
- Able to manage multiple projects utilizing strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in customer software implementations, including requirements gathering, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, and support
- Excellent business process and best practices experience or aptitude
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex business issues using a systematic approach
- Technical aptitude and a high degree of self- motivation to train and achieve ALM application, customizations and installations understanding/certifications
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to build effective customer relationships
- High degree of empathy and confidence
- A driven self-starter, able to collaborate well – prioritize tasks and take ownership of your customer’s success
- Bachelor's degree
- An understanding of technical account management and customer lifecycles
- Experience working directly with customers and end users, specifically working with enterprise technical staff
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Strong communication and people skills
- Product development knowledge
- Familiarity using or administering ALM tools for development or testing teams (e.g. HP QC, HP ALM, IBM RTC, Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft TFS and/or other leading ALM tools)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (SDLC /WATERFALL / SCRUM)
For the right candidate, this position can be located anywhere in North America
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Technical Account Manager".
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.