Intermediate to Senior Full Stack Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop is an energetic software company building software tools to improve large scale software development. Our culture is centre around a well defined Agile process, focusing on high quality software engineering. We practice code reviewing, refactoring, automation, and continuous delivery, and we are constantly striving to improve how we work. Tasktop is also committed to your career, hosting quarterly code jams, weekly technology discussions, one-on-ones with your manager, and a well defined set of promotional tracks.
We are looking for an engineer to join a small fast moving team working on a new product within Tasktop. If you are an experienced engineer who can ramp up quickly, have demonstrated the ability to work on early stage products, can collaborate effectively with a high calibre team working in an exploratory environment, we are interested in you. We are offering an opportunity to grow your career, to make an impact, and to learn and apply innovative technologies to complicated customer issues in an emerging market.
Things you’ll be working on:
You will be working on a small team in a highly iterative environment exploring streaming architectures and applying processing techniques to enable enterprise-scale software development groups to visualize, measure, and improve their software development processes.
- Work on new front-end visualizations of customer data requiring stream processing.
- Work with our Product Management team on developing and refining ideas for useful aggregations of customer data and visualizing that data.
- Work with our Operations team to design and run your applications.
- Drive innovation into Tasktop through the use of new technologies.
The technology you’ll be working with:
The products you will be working on are built using a streaming architecture and are cloud based. You will be working with Kafka and related streaming technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS. Our code is written in Scala, Java, and Typescript (using React). Source code is managed in Git using Gerrit for code reviews, and Jenkins for builds and continuous delivery.
Great candidates have:
- Professional software development experience and a proven ability to deliver
- Experience working with product owners to guide the development of software features from customer problem to delivered solution
- Experience in writing well-tested software using JUnit and other testing tools
- Familiarity with using web APIs with a focus on REST
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and Agile development process
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Burning desire to learn and grow
If you know some of the following, that’s even better:
- Experience in building web APIs and software that uses web services
- Experience with Kafka and stream processing technologies
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Contributions to open source projects
Interested in becoming a Tasktopian?
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Intermediate to Senior Full Stack Engineer". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.