Senior Software Engineer - Integration Factory
Vancouver, BC, Canada
A key component of all Tasktop products is integration with our partner’s leading devops and software lifecycle tools - from requirements and project management to version control and release management systems. Tasktop is looking for an experienced engineer to immediately make an impact on our Tasktop Integration Factory (https://www.tasktop.com/product-overview). We’re looking for someone who can work independently to incorporate aspects of software engineering and apply them to our extensive Integrations testing infrastructure and framework. Your work will accelerate our development teams by ensuring those services are scalable and reliable. Help us create and improve our integrations, supporting frameworks, tools and lead our team to the next level!
Things you’ll be working on:
- Improving our Tasktop Integration Factory performance, scalability and reliability.
- Automating testing infrastructure, monitoring, and alerting using tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Zabbix and more.
- Working with development teams to ensure that automated tests against 3rd party APIs can be run efficiently and reliably.
- Contributing to our Tasktop Integrations SDK and comprehensive test framework.
- Designing and delivering new Software Lifecycle and DevOps integrations and integration features using Java and web APIs.
- Developing innovative and novel testing approaches.
- Identifying and removing blockers that could prevent delivery of features including cross-team dependencies and architectural concerns.
- Working across teams to deliver features in a collaborative, internal open source culture.
- Being a technology leader and effectively mentoring and guiding more junior engineers.
What’s it like to work on Integration Factory at Tasktop?
In this position you will work on our integrations, integration development APIs, SDKs, test framework and test suites. We currently support more than 50 partner product integrations and want to increase that to 100. To achieve our current scale, we focus heavily on frameworks, systematic testing, and automation. To scale to the next level we will need you to work with our teams to continue and lead innovation in improving our SDK and associated test infrastructure, architecture and framework.
If you are a problem solver with a track record of writing high quality code, and inspiring others to do the same, then there’s a role for you at Tasktop. Tasktop’s engineering teams have people with all the skills they need on the team -- developers, designers, product owners, and testers ensuring fast and agile development. Like all of us here, you strive for continuous improvement (code reviews, sharing of best practices, team building), automation (Selenium, Karma, Jasmine, Docker, Ansible), and continuous delivery (Jenkins, virtualization, AWS, etc).
Ideal candidates have:
- Experience in systems automation and tooling:
- Containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Continuous integration/deployment tooling such as Jenkins
- DevOps automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Monitoring tools such as Nagios or Zabbix
- Excellent Java programming, testing, and software design experience.
- Experience in writing well-tested software using JUnit and other testing tools.
- Deep understanding of web APIs with a focus on REST and SOAP.
- Experience administering Linux systems.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.).
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and Agile development process.
- Self-motivated, independent, and team-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Burning desire to learn and grow.
If you know some of the following, that’s even better:
- Experience in building web APIs and software that uses web services.
- Experience in creating modular systems with Maven.
- Experience with automated provisioning using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Familiarity with some of the following commercial and open source ALM systems: IBM RTC, HP ALM, Atlassian JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, etc.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Senior Software Engineer - Integration Factory". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.