General & Administrative
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop is looking to for an energetic, self-motivated Law Student to be part of our In House Legal Team as a Legal Intern. Our Legal Intern will work with us on a part-time basis.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in gaining real world exposure to the myriad of legal issues relevant to a fast-growing technology company. You’ll get hands on experience supporting the legal negotiation and contracts review process for commercial transactions, researching pertinent legal issues and working on the design and implementation of legal systems for our rapidly growing organization.
The “What’s in it for me?”
- The unique opportunity to work directly with Corporate Counsel in a cross-functional contract negotiation team.
- Mentoring from Tasktop’s General Counsel and Corporate Counsel who together have decades of managing a broad spectrum of legal matters for growing businesses.
- The opportunity to work on identifying and resolving the legal issues relevant to a growing technology organization: contract law, corporate law, intellectual property law, employment law, governance, privacy/security, international)
- Exposure and experience in the growing area of legal operations while assisting with the scaling of a cutting-edge in-house legal practice.
Who We Are
Tasktop Technologies is an exciting technology company that is transforming the productivity and quality of enterprise scale software delivery with its Value Stream integration technology.
We’re looking for highly-motivated and talented individuals who want to make a fundamental difference to the technology landscape, by revolutionizing the way software is built and delivered at scale.
A Day in the Life
- Assist Corporate Counsel in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements (e.g., NDAs, licensing agreements, partner agreements, services agreements)
- Designing and implementing legal tools, policies and systems for the legal department (e.g, legal issues playbooks, contract templates, and legal guidelines and policies)
- Preparing presentations for cross-functional engagement and training on legal issues
- Conduct research on legal issues
- Provide contract management and other support to the legal team
- L.L.B/ J.D. Law Student or Graduate
- Interest in Commercial Transactions and Technology Law
- A highly organized and detail oriented individual with a passion for systems analysis and building efficiency.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Self-Motivated with ability to take ownership and independently lead and implement projects to their conclusion
- Experience in technology or software fields an asset
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Legal Intern". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.