Junior Systems Administrator
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tasktop is looking for ambitious and talented Junior Systems Administrator to join our high velocity Information Technology team. You will have a big impact at Tasktop, supporting and contributing to a company that is thriving and growing. Join Tasktop to get a taste of working in a fast-paced IT department supporting a worldwide workforce.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Trouble shoot hardware and software issues
- Process and expediate ticket
- Trouble shoot Network issues
- Onboarding of users
- Assist with managing VMWare infrastructure
- Assist with managing Cisco switches and Firewalls
- Installation and configuration of various software packages
- Work on IT specific projects
- Writing reports using industry standard applications
- Connecting API’s to expand data available for reports
What will the team be like?
At Tasktop, the Junior Systems Administrator will work in all aspects of an IT Department: Helpdesk, System Administration, Projects, Reporting, etc. Our team is responsible for making sure all departments have the necessary tools, equipment, and infrastructure needed to perform their duties. The Junior Systems Administrator will be a valued team member and actively involved in rolling out IT Initiatives to support our global workforce.
Ideal candidates have:
- Experience with Mac/Windows/Linux desktop environments
- Experience with Windows, and Linux Server OS
- Experience Managing Database’s (MSSQL, MYSQL, Oracle, etc)
- Knowledge of Hyper Visor Technology (VMWare, Hyper V)
- Knowledge of Cisco Networking Equipment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail Orientated
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
If you know some of the following, that’s even better:
- Professional certifications for Cisco, Microsoft, HP, Apple, etc.
- Knowledge of API integration (e.g. REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Power Shell, Python, Perl programming languages
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Junior Systems Administrator". We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.