Director of Sales, EMEA
The Director of Sales, EMEA will be responsible for driving the execution of our sales efforts for companies headquartered in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia for both existing and new accounts to achieve our targeted bookings growth within the year while maximizing customer retention. Reporting into the President & COO this position will be responsible for the management of the EMEA sales team, delivering the EMEA sales numbers to the leadership team, forecasting and creating executive-level awareness of current and future European results, as well as assessing risk.
In this role, you will initially manage Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, and Account Managers within the assigned EMEA territories to close new business, as well as grow existing accounts. The Director of Sales, EMEA will also work closely with Pre-Sales Engineers, Channel Managers, Technical Account Managers, Customer Success, Renewals Specialists, and Sales Operations to achieve exceptional results and growth in the territory. The Director of Sales, EMEA will also maintain relationships with key accounts in this region to drive customer satisfaction and to support the revenue expectations of those customers.
About the role:
- Successfully drives the execution of the EMEA Sales strategies and objectives ensuring that processes and metrics are in place to hit and exceed booking targets set for the quarter and year in alignment with Tasktop’s strategic plans.
- Evaluates and advises direct reports on the impact of account planning to execute and drive on growth and retention processes, providing accurate, short and long-range forecasts; planning of new programs & strategies by account and consistently exceeding team quota and metrics.
- Advises and coaches team on identification and accurately blueprinting accounts, uncovering new opportunities and planning for continued growth.
- Monitors team practices to ensure consistency across the team.
- Fosters an environment of sales excellence and the consistent application of best of sales practices.
- Drives forecast accuracy and pipeline tracking with team. Ensures effective, consistent, and regular use of CRM and other tools.
- Engages in key customer negotiations as appropriate, while leveraging managers effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Professes value of product and ensures that teams operate within confines of company pricing approach.
- Identifies resource needs and develops business cases for the changes required to support business growth.
- Leads and inspires the EMEA Sales team (Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Account Managers and Pre-Sales Engineers) by modeling team and leadership behaviors, to achieve goals and to advocate for our customers through open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Manages team members’ performance including formal reviews, establishing department and individual goals and individual assessments to further company goals.
- Builds and maintains highly effective and collaborative cross-departmental relationships/with other senior sales and Tasktop leaders (Marketing, Product Development, Customer Success) to achieve company-wide goals.
- Engages effectively with North American counterparts and represents EMEA sales within the management team.
- A minimum 8 years of B2B sales experience spanning prospect sales and account management in the software industry with primary customer base in Global 2000.
- A minimum of 5 years of first-line management experience in coaching and managing seasoned sales professionals.
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes under the pressure of a monthly sales cadence.
- Experience managing key customer relationships, executing major negotiations, and closing strategic opportunities.
- Successful experience leveraging Salesforce.com or other CRM to develop insights, manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data.
- Ability to motivate, effectively coach and challenge a seasoned and growing sales team.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, promoting from within, and critically managing sales professionals.
- Fluency in multiple languages (English, German preferred).
- Travel: 50%+.
Interested in joining the team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Director of Sales EMEA”. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.