Zephyr for JIRA Integration
Integrate Zephyr for JIRA with TFS, RTC, CA Agile Central, HPE QC, Selenium and many more
Whether using Atlassian JIRA hosted in the cloud or on their own servers, organizations can extend their use of JIRA to include test management capabilities using Zephyr for JIRA. With this plug-in, practitioners can create, plan and execute tests right in their familiar JIRA instance.
Having this test management capability as part of the agile planning tool, testers and developers on the same team can achieve a high level of collaboration and visibility into their work. However, while this test management capability is inherently integrated with JIRA, it is not integrated to other systems being used to develop and deliver software. For example:
- if other testers or developers are using other tools for work, test and defect management (such as Microsoft TFS, IBM RTC, CA Agile Central, HPE QC, Tosca, or others),
- if the team using JIRA would like their work to participate in the broader, connected software lifecycle (by connecting with requirements management, PPM, test automation or DevOps tools).
Tasktop can synchronize artifacts in JIRA, including those enabled by the Zephyr plug-in, to artifacts in other systems. For example, Tasktop can be used to synchronize:
- user stories and epics from JIRA to other tools that manage “requirements,”
- defects in JIRA to other tools managing defects and issues,
- and test executions and their results from the JIRA/Zephyr combination to tools managing test cases and their results.
Key Features and Benefits
- Allow test execution information to automatically flow from JIRA/Zephyr for JIRA to other tools, enabling collaboration with other members of the software development and delivery lifecycle
- Unlock the information managed in JIRA/Zephyr for JIRA and enable visibility across the lifecycle
- Record test results from test automation tools (such as Selenium) as “Test Executions” in JIRA
The following video shows Zephyr Test Executions synchronized to Test Case Results in CA Agile Central: