Microsoft Test Manager Integration
Flow test results between MTM and third-party tools
Integrate Microsoft Test Manager with: HP QC, JIRA, RTC, ServiceNow, CA PPM and more
Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) provides testers a convenient environment for defining, managing and executing their tests, including manual and exploratory testing. Because artifacts created and used in MTM are stored on Team Foundation Server, it is an ideal environment for teams that are exclusively using Microsoft Visual Studio tools. But what if you have more of a heterogeneous tool stack?
Tasktop allows testers to perform their work using MTM, while sharing their test cases and bug reports with colleagues using other tools, including other test management tools (such as HP QC or Rational Quality Manager) and Agile planning tools (such as JIRA, Rally and VersionOne).
- The testers need project requirements to plan their test strategies and develop test cases, but the business analysts may create these requirements in other tools.
- Management may want to track release progress by looking at defect reports, but they’d like to be sure that the defect reports reflect their current status – even though the development team doesn’t update information directly in MTM.
Tasktop allows testers using Microsoft Test Manager to collaborate fully on teams that use a heterogeneous lifecycle management tool stack.
Key Features and Benefits
- Synchronize artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between Microsoft Test Manager and other tools.
- Improves team collaboration by connecting Microsoft Test Manager to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.