Connect Micro Focus ALM/QC with the rest of your tool chain
Testers and Testing Centers of Excellence rely on Micro Focus ALM/QC, formerly HPE QC/ALM, to provide the infrastructure they need to execute their work. But when it comes time to collaborate with other members of the extended development team, the fact that other stakeholders rarely work in Micro Focus ALM can become an impediment.
- The testers need project requirements to plan their test strategies and develop test cases, but the business analysts may create these requirements in other tools.
- Testers create and manage defects in Micro Focus ALM/QC, but the development team may prefer to see and manage their work in an Agile planning tool such as Atlassian's Jira or CA Agile Center (formerly Rally).
- Management may want to track release progress by looking at defect reports, but they’d like to be sure that the defect reports reflect their current status – even though the development team doesn’t update information directly in Micro Focus ALM/QC.
Tasktop addresses this by allowing for a flexible yet managed development approach across a heterogeneous tool stack. Tasktop enables the admin to define how defects, requirements, and test artifacts can be synchronized to artifacts in the tools that the rest of the project team uses.
Key Features and Benefits
- Flows artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between Micro Focus ALM/QC and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting Micro Focus ALM/QC to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.