Tasktop Dev is available for a one-year subscription. Try it free for 30 days.
Tasktop Dev for Eclipse
Access your task tracker from Eclipse
- Query your bug tracker for tasks
- Use the rich task editor to update bugs fast
- Access and edit shared tasks when offline
- See change notifications in Eclipse rather than your email inbox
- Built-in connector for Bugzilla; one- step install for Jira, Rally, and
- CollabNet. Also supports compatible Mylyn connectors.
See only the interesting code
- Filter your Eclipse views to show only the code you are working on
- Spend less time searching, scrolling, and clicking
Know what to do next with powerful task scheduling
- Focus the task list to see just the tasks scheduled for this week
- See tasks scheduled for today in blue
- Optionally set a due date to turn a task red when overdue
- See just the tasks for a particular project
Know where your time goes with automated time tracking
- The time tracking dashboard provides an overview of what you worked on each day
- Pie charts show you the proportion of time spent on each category and working set
- Customizable reports show you the details for any time period
- Export to HTML or CSV
- Time Tracking and Reporting video [6 min]
See your appointments in Eclipse
- Synchronize your task list with Outlook and Google calendars
- Know what is the next appointment for you and your team
- Easy access to appointments in the next few days
- Access your appointments while offline
Browse the web without bookmarking
- Web pages you access are automatically tracked as part of a task
- Instantly recall the pages you viewed by reactivating the task
- Quickly search the web from Eclipse
Create tasks from email messages
- Add tasks sent to you by email to your task list in Eclipse (Outlook and Gmail)
- Schedule email tasks to remind you when they need to be done
- Use email threads for collaborative tasks (GMail only)
Find documents instantly
- Link your document folders into Tasktop
- Find files with the integrated search
- Files you access are automatically tracked as part of a task
- Instantly recall the files you need by reactivating the task
Using Tasktop Dev will increase your software development productivity. Tasktop's task-based management of information, reduces the overload of information you are faced with everyday by
- allowing you to track the bugs on which you work without leaving Eclipse
- providing instant recall to the source code, documents and web sites needed to work on the task
- uncluttering email inboxes
- focusing task lists on what is important now
- providing access to agendas and reminders of upcoming meetings right in Eclipse
- providing to-the-minute time tracking per task, helping to improve estimates and complete time sheets quickly
Keep on top of your bugs without leaving Eclipse
Tasktop Dev inherits Mylyn's capabilities for rich bug editing in Eclipse, making the tasks from your issue tracker available in the IDE. With your task and its associated discussion in the IDE, you no longer have to spend time switching to a web browser, finding the appropriate task, switching back to the IDE, and so on. All of those clicks and applications switches disappear, saving you time. When changes occur to tasks on which you work, notifications appear right in your task list in Eclipse, saving you the need to check other applications and allowing you to fit responding seamlessly into your workflow. Tasktop Dev provides task-based discussions for Partner connectors (Atlassian's JIRA, CollabNet's Issuezilla, SFEE and ProjectTracker, Rally) as well as any task-repository supported by Mylyn 3.0 (e.g., Mozilla's Bugzilla and TRAC).
Instant access to documents, web pages and code
Tasktop Dev extends Mylyn's capabilities for automatically tracking the code you work on for a task to web pages you visit and desktop documents you work on. When you start working on a task, you simply activate it (a one-click operation) and Tasktop Dev automatically starts building a model of the information you work with and how interesting it is for the task on which you are working. Tasktop Dev uses the model to focus the views in the IDE to show you just the code, web pages and documents that are needed for a task. Switching to another task requires simply clicking that task and magically you will see just the information needed for that task. Think of the time you will save not searching for the relevant information!
Unclutter your email inboxes
Tasktop Dev includes two features to reduce the clutter in your email inboxes. First, notifications for tasks you have brought into Tasktop Dev via a connector to a Partner or other bug repository, will be shown as incomings in your task list. For an active team, this means a significant reduction in flow into your inbox of notification messages from the repository. Second, Tasktop Dev enables you to mark particular emails you receive as tasks and have them automatically appear in your task list. These task emails can then be scheduled alongside your other tasks. This means no more hunting through your overfull inbox trying to figure out if you have missed anything you were supposed to be doing!
Focus on what you need to do now
Tasktop Dev inherits Mylyn's powerful abilities to focus the task list on what you are supposed to be working on this week or on a particular day. Instead of having to manage your to do items across multiple bug repositories, email and other systems, you can bring the tasks into Tasktop Dev and use one scheduling mechanism to ensure you are getting your work done when you need to.
Know where you need to be
Programming is often an intensive collaborative activity. Tasktop makes it easy to stay on top of your calendars through an agenda view that aggregates events for the day drawn from multiple calendars and a trim reminder of what event is coming up next. Having your calendar accessible from Eclipse means it is a single-click to check events for your next few days. Having the trim remind you what is up next means that even when you are fully immersed in programming, you won't miss that meeting with a client. Tasktop Dev goes even further with its calendar integration, also enabling you to synch tasks to and from your calendar, enabling you to manage your planned tasks from a calendar view.
Know where you spend your time
Do you have to provide estimates for the tasks you have been assigned? Do you need to complete time sheets for the tasks on which you've worked? Tasktop can help. The time spent on each activated task is tracked automatically to the minute as is the time you spend without a task active. At any time, you can check your Tasktop Dev dashboard for a quick view of how you have spent your time or generate a report for a specific date range. To help account for time not at the computer, when you generate a time tracking report, it is possible to adjust the time for a specific task. With Tasktop's time tracking, filling in time sheets is a breeze. All time tracked is kept private to you. You can choose to use it to refine estimates for tasks you are assigned or to share directly with your team lead.