For organizations needing to connect development, QA, and project management, the Tasktop Sync solution provides the only enterprise-scale ALM synchronization solution built on the industry-standard Eclipse Mylyn ALM integration framework. Unlike previous approaches to ALM synchronization, Tasktop Sync provides real-time (under 1 second) synchronization, automated conflict resolution, and support for over two dozen ALM tools. Building on Tasktop's Task Federation™ technology, Sync ensures that each stakeholder has access to the data that they need within their tool of choice, even if the data resides across requirements management, Agile development and traditional quality management systems. By acting as ALM Middleware, Tasktop Sync dramatically reduces the need for costly service engagements to create point-to-point integrations that are impossible to maintain.
To help IT organizations scale Tasktop Sync deployments and better manage the growing number of ALM systems in a typical tool stack, the latest version of Tasktop Sync now includes Sync Studio, a whole set of ALM infrastructure management tools and dashboards. Sync Studio capabilities include:
- A Unified View across the ALM Stack: Sync Studio presents ALM architects and administrators with a comprehensive and “live” architectural view of current tools and processes, and the associated interdependencies and roadblocks that need to be addressed.
- Visual Mapping for ALM Administrators: Sync Studio provides automated mapping capabilities for ALM administrators to author and configure task, data and workflow connectivity and integration between ALM servers.
- Cross-repository Monitoring and Administration: Sync Studio helps maintain the health and performance of enterprise-wide ALM architectures through the regular monitoring of inter-tool functionality and centralized administration of changes, maintenance, trouble-shooting and alert notifications.
- End-to-end Traceability for the Lifecycle: through its Task Federation platform, Sync Studio provides complete ALM traceability that is available through the visual mapping and visibility capabilities now available in the tool.
- A web interface for making it easy to monitor Sync servers from anywhere and as any time
Tasktop Sync 2.4 release announcement with Mik Kersten & Dave West
Popular Synchronization Videos:
Watch more videos...
- Real-time synchronization (<1s average time per sync item with standard server specs)
- Automated and configurable conflict resolution
- Sync Studio provides visual cross-ALM system task and workflow mapping, ALM architecture design, and monitoring tools both natively and from a web user interface
- Support for all artifact types, including tasks, work items, defects, requirements and tests
- No new repositories needed, all data stored in your existing trusted ALM systems
- De-risk your Agile rollout or ALM modernization strategy
- Reduce costs related to adoption of new technology
- Extend life and drive ROI of existing infrastructure
- Ensure that each constituent in the software development and delivery lifecycle has the information to do her job
- Manage requirements, QA and dev from the same Agile/ALM platform
- Continue using your established ALM systems
- Gain unified visibility and reporting for the entire development process from requirements to testing to source code
Sync Studio Features
- Front end for Tasktop Sync
- Unified view across ALM stack
- Visual mapping for ALM administrators
- Industry first tools for ALM architecture automation
- Cross-repository monitoring and administration of ALM tools
- Click to enlarge
Benefits of Sync Studio
- End-to-end traceability for the lifecycle
- Remove brittle point-to-point integrations
- Automate manual processes
- Manage and tweak workflows across constituents
- Web interface for accessing management and monitoring tools
- Click to enlarge
Contact us to deploy Tasktop Sync in your environment.