Tricentis Tosca Integration
Optimize your QA process and increase application quality
Integrate Tricentis Tosca with: HP ALM, JIRA, Polarian and many others
When your software engineering teams use Agile methods, requirements created by business analysts, or user stories created by developers, must flow easily to QA team. This ensures that tests are written directly against these requirements or stories. Similarly, any failed tests must flow back to the developers, so bugs can be quickly remedied.
Tasktop meets this need by integrating Tosca Test Suite with the tools that business analysts, software developers, scrum masters, testers, and other team members use every day. By synchronizing artifacts across everyone's tool of choice, Tasktop enhances Tosca's tools for collaboration.
- Let’s say your developers use Agile methods and manage their work in Atlassian JIRA, but your testers use Tosca for QA activity.
- Tasktop will automatically represent user stories from JIRA as requirements in Tosca. QA engineers can then create and execute specific test cases to cover those requirements.
- When testing reveals a defect, Tasktop will create a defect in JIRA, and re-create the relationship between the new defect and the originating user story. This gives the developers the context they need to fix the bug.
- The status of that defect will also flow back to Tosca, letting QA know when a given test is ready to be run again.
Key Features and Benefits
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between Tosca and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting Tosca to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, particularly between requirements and defects - removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets
- Synchronizes requirements from RM tools or user stories from Agile tools to Tosca requirements
- Synchronizes failed tests from Tosca to defects in Agile tools
- Allows for automatic reporting of defects found during test execution from QA to development
- Execution TestCaseLog
- Test Case
- Execution Entry
- Execution List