We're here to answer your questions.
Tasktop Sync Integration for Polarion ALM
Maximize the efficiency of your entire software development process
Integrate Polarion with: JIRA, HP QC, Rally, VersionOne and many more
The Polarion unified ALM solution offers an efficient requirements gathering and system development management capability, focused on customizable workflows, visibility and traceability. Polarion ALM offers an easy-to-use document view for requirements management, traceability, and test management.
To improve your overall software development process, artifacts must flow freely between systems. Tasktop Sync makes it happen, connecting Polarion products to a broad range of third party systems. These integrations can dramatically increase productivity through real-time stakeholder collaboration across best-of-breed tools. And they enable unified reporting, traceability and centralized governance from within Polarion ALM.
- Let’s say your business analysts manage and arrange their work in Polarion’s requirements management solution, but testing is conducted in HP QC.
- Tasktop Sync will automatically replicate the requirements from Polarion to HP QC and keep track of ongoing changes in the status, description and other attributes on both sides.
- Once tests have been associated to requirements on the HP side, the latest cover status is updated and kept in sync on both sides, giving business analysts thorough visibility into status of the associated tests.
- In addition to seeing that a particular requirement is covered by a test, the test case itself can also be replicated in the Polarion repository.
- The relationship between the requirement and the test case on the Polarion side can also be maintained using Sync’s Artifact Relationship Management functionality.
Learn more about some of the Software Lifecycle Integration Patterns for Polarion:
- Requirements traceability
- Requirements Management – Agile planning Alignment
- Requirements Management – Test Planning Alignment
- Project Portfolio Management – Requirements Management Alignment
- Help Desk Feature Request
- Consolidated Reporting
- Supply Chain Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between Polarion and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting Polarion to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle – ensures changes in Polarion are instantly reflected in other tools
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, including automatic reporting of defects found during test execution, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.