Microsoft Team Foundation Server Integration
Dramatically increase collaboration and traceability
Integrate Microsoft Team Foundation Server with: JIRA, HP QC, IBM RTC and many more
Many organizations, particularly those building for Microsoft platforms, use TFS as their planning and reporting center. However, when members of the extended software development and delivery tool adopt specialist tools, the reports from TFS no longer reflect up-to-the-minute data.
For example, if the testing team chooses to use HP QC as their test and defect tracking solution, the development team needs access to the information in the defect tracker to triage bug reports. Or if the business analysts use a purpose-built requirements management tool such as IBM DOORS, DOORS Next Gen or Jama, the developers using TFS would prefer to see these reflected as stories in TFS. And if one development team uses JIRA to manage their work, the collaboration between the teams using TFS and these other tools is fractured.
Tasktop addresses this by flowing work items in TFS to defects, tasks, stories work items and other artifacts in other lifecycle tools.
Key Features and Benefits
- Flows artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between TFS and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting TFS to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.
- Enriches the reports in TFS to include up-the-minute status from other tools.
- Bug, Feature, Issue, Task, User Story etc.
- Any out of the box and custom work item