IBM Rational ClearQuest Integration
Provide change and defect management across the entire software development and delivery lifecycle
Integrate IBM Rational ClearQuest with: HP ALM, HP QC, TFS, JIRA, BMC Remedy and many others.
Large scale software development requires adherence to process but with the flexibility to orchestrate complex, custom workflows. With IBM Rational ClearQuest you can do just that – however, without integrating into the rest of your software delivery ecosystem, the benefits for your overall software delivery processes is limited.
Imagine a change request that actually originates as a trouble ticket, or incident, in your ITSM tool, such as BMC Remedy. You want the benefits of having that change request managed in ClearQuest, while at the same time providing automated visibility of the status of that change request directly in your ITSM tool, via the originating incident request. Additionally, if that change request results in a new feature being developed, it would be ideal if that new feature could be automatically created in an agile development tool, such as JIRA. That way, you can take advantage of the flexible orchestration that IBM ClearQuest, while allowing agile teams and support staff to continue to use their tools of choice to manage their ITSM and agile development processes.
- Support engineers are using an ITSM tool, such as ServiceNow or BMC Remedy, to manage their ITIL processes.
- When a trouble ticket is received, that ticket should be managed in their ITSM tool, however, the resulting defect or change request should be managed in their change and defect management application.
- This can be achieved by integrating the tools – the trouble ticket, if designated to be a change request or defect, can be automatically created in IBM ClearQuest. Developers in IBM ClearQuest can then see the defect or change request, fix it and have seamless communication back to the support engineers.
Key Features and Benefits
- Leverage the flexibility of IBM ClearQuest to orchestrate complex and custom workflows but ensure seamless collaboration with other teams
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between IBM ClearQuest and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting IBM ClearQuest to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.