We're here to answer your questions.
Tasktop Sync Integration for HPE ALM and HPE QC
Synchronize all artifacts between HPE QC/ALM and third-party tools
Integrate HPE Quality Center or HPE ALM with: JIRA, RTC, TFS, ServiceNow, CA PPM and more
HPE Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and HPE Quality Center (QC) provide users with support for requirements, test and defect management.
New HPE ALM Octane
Recently HPE announced the release HPE ALM Octane as part of their next generation of application lifecycle management products. The product is currently in private Beta but will feature some ground breaking innovations to help agile and lean teams.
Tasktop can help ease adoption of HPE ALM Octane, allowing teams to run two products in parallel so that some members can work in HPE ALM while other migrate to HPE ALM Octane.
To learn more about this announcement and to see a video on how Tasktop can integrate HPE ALM Octane with JIRA visit our blog.
Testers and Testing Centers of Excellence rely on HPE QC and HPE ALM to provide the infrastructure they need to execute their work. But when it comes time to collaborate with other members of the extended development team, the fact that other stakeholders rarely work in HPE ALM can become an impediment.
- The testers need project requirements to plan their test strategies and develop test cases, but the business analysts may create these requirements in other tools.
- Testers create and manage defects in HPE ALM, but the development team may prefer to see and manage their work in an Agile planning tool such as Atlassian's JIRA or CA Agile Center (Formerly Rally).
- Management may want to track release progress by looking at defect reports, but they’d like to be sure that the defect reports reflect their current status – even though the development team doesn’t update information directly in HPE ALM.
Tasktop Sync addresses this by allowing for a flexible yet managed development approach across a heterogeneous tool stack. Tasktop Sync enables the HP admin to define how defects, requirements, and test artifacts can be synchronized to artifacts in the tools that the rest of the project team uses.
Tasktop Sync supports HPE Quality Center, HPE ALM.NET and now, as a tech preview, the newly released HPE ALM Octane.
HPE ALM participates in many Software Lifecycle Integration Patterns, most notably:
- Developer – Tester Alignment
- Requirements Management – Test Planning Alignment
- Help Desk Incident Escalation
- Known Defect Status Reporting to Help Desk
- Consolidated Reporting
- Supply Chain Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between HPE QC/ALM and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting HPE QC/ALM to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.