Atlassian JIRA Integration
JIRA’s ease of deployment and use has made it very popular among software developers. But if the software developers are using JIRA and other team members are using different tools, the flow of information from one discipline to the other is impeded. By integrating JIRA to test and defect management, PPM, requirements management, help desk, and other Agile planning tools, this information is free to flow from tool to tool. And practitioners using those tools are free to collaborate on the artifacts they share, all while using their tool of choice.
As an example, developers and testers need to be able to freely share information about defects. Developers need to know as much as they can about the defect that was uncovered, and the testers need to know when the defect has been fixed - so they can verify the fix. But when testers use a test and defect management tool (such as HP QC), and the developers use JIRA, the information about those defects (in QC) and the tasks that the development team is working on (in JIRA), is separated. By integrating JIRA with these tools, both teams can share information about the defects, in near real time, all while working in the tool they prefer to use.
Key Features and Benefits
- Allowing JIRA users to find all their work in JIRA (rather than switching to other applications) saves time and reduces frustration... leading to happier, more productive team members
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between JIRA and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting JIRA to third-party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets
- Integrates multiple JIRA instances, even if they are at different version levels
- Run JIRA on-prem and JIRA on-demand in parallel, easing migration
- Enables synchronization of time worked on task from JIRA to CA PPM
- Organizations using Zephyr for JIRA can synchronize the test execution artifacts enabled by the Zephyr plug-in.
- Custom Issue
- Custom Sub-task